Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Tweaking the floor plan and adding character- My Imperfect Blessed Life

The existing Master Bedroom and Bath took up the entire second floor

The first challenge:

 Finding room for 2 bedrooms- One for Queen Victoria and the other for the Princess of pink- Anna





At first I adjusted the floor plan in my mind - almost daily. I came to the conclusion we needed to consider making the Master Bedroom into two rooms. One for each of the girls and a shared bath-

As with any project,first I draw concept sketches. I draw them because they give me a good sense of the space before I go to the trouble of scaling it out.

Now that I like what I see I can draw it out to scale using  my new computer program to refine the new second floor plan. The addition of the built in desk areas will give the hallway more character and is a great use of the space- with a small home you need to be creative with every square inch!


No comments:

Post a Comment