Saturday, April 14, 2012

The Art of Fly Fishing and My Imperfect Blessed Life-

                                              Fishing gives you time to think

While at our cabin in the Adirondacks this past week, I had some time to think about the art of fishing and how it relates to real life. Fishing, for some people is innate. For me, ... I am getting the hang of it. The children stand back while I cast and I have a light up bobber. What can I say! I am a glutton for punishment. I am the most uncoordinated women on the planet. Still in all, I am patient and  will learn eventually. I know its not cool, but I really love the excitement I feel when my bobber goes PLUNK! and the fish is running, especially at night, I feel like I am living inside a video game. Its a real adrenalin rush, as cheesy as it sounds, I am having a ball!


After a day of exploring on the water and the girls are neatly tucked into bed, Jared and I watched an old movie called- A River Runs Through It, starring Brad Pitt. I love to watch movies about the outdoors and how the story line relates to real life. Pitts character is a "Fishing Newspaper Writer" and the movie shows the most breathtaking scenes of him fly fishing. The way the rod and line moves is almost musical. They dance on the water. The Angler makes it seem innate, like a gift. Brad Pitts character lives a life of two extremes, but both are fearless. I was so impressed with the contrast of the story, yet, I understood, its his life path.

I will be writing a series of stories in the next month or so about life, my life and its path. I am fortunate to have been blessed with love, as well as a career I love. I know every life experience helps me define my career. It remains the best way I help people find their own personal style.   Making their home a positive reflection of them.


In the coming posts, I will share with you my passions and my struggles- My blessed imperfect life that made me who I am today which I hope  inspires you,  makes you laugh (or cry) along the way, as I share my journey and Its ups and downs-

"God has blessed us all today......he has just been particularly kind to me"  (A River Runs Through It)

                                                  Victoria and Anna- After a day of exploring-


                                          Jared- Always calm and patient- 

My next post- My Dream House Revisited- I hope you will join me!
                               


No comments:

Post a Comment