Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Building walls for artwork- My Imperfect Blessed Life

Jared said, "Well honey, I don't think we need to build walls , you have so much art we can  build the walls out of art"!

He was right, I love art. On the other hand , he loves photographs. He had so many photos on the walls of his daughter, Anna , it was like a shrine. Every photo ever taken , every drawing she had ever drawn, every where. It was clear we were going to have to make some hard decisions about art and photos. Its a small space!

In figuring out the first floor plan, I had to decide how to group up the art and provide walls large enough to accommodate them. At the same time, I was taking walls down to create an open floor plan to make the house feel more spacious. That was my challenge. 

Grouping always works when deciding what to do with art. I group together subjects with similar colors first. The same with photos. All photographs together, with frames that relate to each other.
These are my favorite photos of my kids- A great time for us as a family-

I got the paint samples out and started the process of matching up art to room color/formality and created "Art Gallery" walls in the house.

This is a gallery wall in our Master Bedroom


Artwork grouped by color  - these large pieces work well together-

 Blending and editing - all part of the process of making Jared's home our home-

Next blog- Finding a space to be alone- in a small house with 2 kids and 2 dogs- Challenging!



 


No comments:

Post a Comment