Monday, April 16, 2012

Dream House Redefined- My Imperfect Blessed Life

Jared 's House

I was really struggling with living in someone else's home. Jared and I spent a lot of time tossing ideas around  about how to make his home work for all of us. We are both self employed and want to live comfortably without some of the expenses other people take on when renovating. Not to mention we wanted to keep the cabin in the Adirondacks. The renovation would be planned and executed without a loan and we would do most of the work ourselves.

I started sketching ideas about how to make the best use of the square footage we had, without adding on.

Step 1-

What furniture would work and what would be stored or moved to the cabin. Making the list of furniture worth keeping and needing to find a home for -My parents dining table and chairs,my antiques would find a home - Jared's king size bed and dresser, as well as his grandmothers dry sink..... So far so good! We know whats staying whats going. Now all we needed to do was to assign the furniture to a new room.

First assignment-     Jared's Grandmother's dry sink-

Jared's Grandparents had this dry sink made in Bath NY




 We will use it as a coffee center in the kitchen - I bought  cute fork, spoon and knife hardware to use instead of the brass hardware it has now.







Next Blog-Tweaking the floor plan and adding more character- My Imperfect Blessed Life






No comments:

Post a Comment