Monday, March 12, 2012

My Mother in Law was right?.....!




Way back in the beginning of my design career, while married to my first husband, my mother in law was seeking my design advice. She had been wanting to change the color scheme in her home to a more popular palette. At that time, rose and blue interiors were the hottest home fashion colors. She expressed her feelings about not buying a new rug for her new palette. Her existing rug was wall to wall bright green! I was speechless, how was I going to be diplomatic with her? How was I going to break the news? Then... She blurted out," After all GREEN goes with everything, just look out side! " I stopped for a minute trying to get my had around what she had just said, and I just couldn't come up with an answer. My Mother in law was right!


 I chuckle about that conversation quite a bit when trying to pull together presentations for clients. My Mother in law is one of the most positive people I have ever met. Shes see the world through her own pair of rose colored glasses. She sees the world with amazement and vitality because she appreciates what god has given us, especially nature.


Since that conversation over 20 years ago, I have more fun with the idea that god has created a palette for me. I just have to look around. When in the woods hunting, a few weeks back with my fiance Jared, I found it hard not to take stock in her philosophy. The trees were all beautiful and the textures were amazing. Every green you can imagine was represented. The wind changed them with every gust as the evergreen bows flipped front to back. The water and rocks in their cool grays with plenty of  pine needles to warm up the color scheme of the day. 
I have seen my mother in laws palette quite often over the years. A pink sunset on a blue sky backdrop over a field of green. With St, Patricks day approaching this weekend with all of its green glory, I hope you take a minute  to take a look all of the colors god has provided for our enjoyment, and bring them into your everyday lives. Go to the beach , take a walk in the woods and bring that feeling back home in some way, Maybe its time for a new paint color,or to rearrange the furniture, either way open the windows up and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment